Happy New Year Readers!
I can’t believe 2017 is OVER! Looking back at what I accomplished within 2017 doesn’t feel real. I started this blog, finished education and went into the world of working full time. Apart from that, I became a book reviewer for Orion Publishing, got to visit Amsterdam twice in the year and learnt so much more about the blogging community. I can honestly say 2017 was full twists and turns that made me feel like I had no where to turn. But I am so excited to what 2018 will bring.
In this post I will be sharing what I hope to get out of 2018 for reading. The goals I will be sharing will be my Goodreads Challenge for 2018, goals about reading in general, some of the unread books I will want to get to this year and the books I will be wanting to reread throughout the year. So let’s get this post started.
Reading Challenge: 60 books
After looking back to what I was reading last year and how the events of the months effected my reading, I have felt like this number would be my reading challenge for 2018. 60 books to read within the next year seems like a good number yet it also provides a challenge of reading 5 books per month which will become a challenge if next will be as busy as this year has been. I think I will keep 60 books as the challenge for the entire year instead of challenging it half way through the year.
Even though I have created a TBR Jar Challenges for all of the year, I have made an extra 3 challenges that I would like to complete by the end of the year.
- To get my TBR pile below/near 100 unread books. (the closest I have gotten to this year was 110. But then all of the books just came in aha.)
- Catch up on current series’ that I have the books for before anymore come out
- Decrease the amount of unread completed series’ that I have.
So those are the challenges I hope to complete by the end of 2018. I will definitely talk about whether or not I have completed these challenges in my end of year post.
Unread Books I Want to Read:
There were so many unreads I have been wanting to read but haven’t had the time due to the other books I have read and the year has ended far too quickly. Just looking at my shelves now, so many titles are popping out to me so I thought I might show you guys some of them so you won’t be surprised to see if I am currently reading.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabath May
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
- The Way of Kings (Part 1 and 2) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
- Malice by John Gwynne
- Heir of the Night by Helen Lowe
- A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- Blood of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
Just looking at that list honestly makes me think If I will ever get to read all of these books within the next year. But at the moment I think I will keep the list as it is.
Read Books I Want to Reread:
This list will be longer than the unread list and I have no idea how I am going to read this list along side the unread one while working. Will I have time to sleep? I honestly don’t think I will be sleeping, just working and reading. Sounds like a good thing. So let’s get this list underway.
- After Series by Anna Todd
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- The Lunar Chronicles and Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Falconer and The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
- Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Red Rising and Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- The Shattered Sea Series by Joe Abercrombie
- Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Die for Me Series by Amy Plum
So that is all I wish for to be read/completed within the next year. Just look at that daunting list of books to be read makes me so nervous but honestly I can’t wait to read or reread them. What are your plans for 2018? Comment below and let me know.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a happy New Year!
Till then readers!