So it’s the last Friday of 2017. This year has flown by and honestly, I have to say this year has flown by. I can’t believe this year. It has been a weird one and I really can’t wait to see what will happen in the new year.
As its a new year, I thought I might look at my reading over the past year and see what I could improve on it. Even though I will be going through my actual goals for the new year on New Years Day, I thought I might start the talk of the goals by staring a TBR Jar with challenges within it.
I have seen tons of people doing these sort of jars over the past few years I have been reading and I thought this might be the year where I will try my challenges. For this first year, I have made 15 challenges which will be over the 12 months of this coming year. I like the idea of having the option of doing 2 challenges for 3 months of the year or by having some challenges left over so the whole not knowing what challenge will be for the last month of the year.
So let me show you the challenges I have made for 2018:
- Read a book with over 500 pages – April
- Read a book with less than 350 pages
- Read a book that has been on your TBR for over a year – January
- Read a book that came out this year (2018 release)
- Read a book that came out last year (2017 release)
- Read a book you’ve bought within the past 2 months
- Read a series you have all the books but haven’t started – March
- Read a book a friend has read and loved
- Read a book a friend has brought you as a present – March
- Read the last book someone has recommended to you
- Read a book that’s set in the real world
- Read a genre you don’t normally read
- Read a book that has 2 or more perspectives – May
- Read a witch book – February
- Read a Kindle book
So that is all of the book challenges I have made for the new year. I am so excited to see what will be my first challenge of the year. You guys will be seeing which one it will be in my January TBR which will be posted very soon.
How was your Christmas holidays? Mine was amazing and received so many books from friends and family. I hope you enjoyed the food and the company during your holiday celebration. Nothing beats a lovely Christmas dinner and then sitting on the sofa watching TV while eating chocolate and comfort food.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
I’ll see you in the New Year! Till then readers!