I love finding these sort of tags. Especially if the topic of the book tag is something fun as this one. I have a whole lot of Reader’s Problems post that I have on this blog and as soon as I found this book tag, I knew it would fit in well with the sort of posts I do so here is my version of it. I saw this book tag over on Hannah from A Clockwork Reader when she did this tag. This tag was made back in 2014 by About to Read. Even though this tag is 3 years old I thought I might as well do it. So this is the Reader’s Problem book tag.
- You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
- For me to decide what books to read next, I normally look at my shelves and just pick up a book that jumps out at me. This could be either the cover making me interesting or a book that I haven’t heard about in the past few days. This normally works and I have been using this method very well over the past few months.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
- I commit. Even though I did quit reading a book in November, I always try to commit to finish a book and not DNF it or put it down and pick it up later. I really don’t like any unfinished books. It just makes my TBR seem a lot longer than it actually is.
- The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
- I will try to catch up by reading graphic novels, rereading books or reading Kindle books. These are very good methods to quickly read books and by racking up your Goodreads challenge books. If you have any more tips comment below and let me know.
- The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?
- I don’t. I have such a hard time coping with this. If there is a way to have a matching set of covers I will find a way. I have the very old covers of books 1 to 4 in the Outlander series ut these stop when it gets to book 6. I have tried finding book 5 and 6 but every time I try to find some they always go out of stock. So I am having a hard time knowing that I won’t be able to have a full set of books with matching covers. Just slowly dying inside…..
- Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
- I would say both. I would like to see what their options are on the book and whether they can change my mind on the book.
- You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
- I don’t have this problem so I don’t know how I would deal with this. I have a hard time crying while reading, maybe I am reading the wrong books but I have no idea.
- A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will, you re-read the book?
- YES! I love rereading books. I have had this problem in November and I had no problem rereading books. If there is an option to reread I would definitely do it!
- You do not want anyone, ANYONE, borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
- Might just tell them I am reading it or tell them that they can have it IF they will be nice and look after it. That’s the only way I think.
- Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
- Read a graphic novel, reread favourites or just binge watch TV shows when possible.
- There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read. How many do you actually buy?
- I normally set a price limit on the amount I spend on books per month. Normally this doesn’t really go well. However, when it does I normally see how many books I can get from that limit and whether or not it is a sequel to a book I have loved in the past.
- After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
- Honestly, that depends on the books. I had A Court of Wings and Ruin since it out in May and I have only just read it this year. I don’t know why but I guess it depends on the book.
So that’s all my answer for this tag. I really enjoyed doing this tag. I haven’t seen this tag done anywhere else and I don’t think any of you guys have seen it either. So if you are interested in doing this tag I would highly recommend you do! I always love doing tags like this and I can’t wait till the next tag I have waiting in my blog notebook.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Merry Christmas! Till then readers!