So as its September at the end of this month, I thought it might be a good idea to do this sort of post because now that 8 months of releases have come out, there are still so many of them that I have yet to read. I know I have done something similar to this in the popular books I haven’t gotten to post, that was posted in April, but I think I will make this post more about the books I have gotten this year that are purely 2017 releases. This list will contain some of your favourites I’m sure. So let’s see my list where I state my last ashamed book confession.
- Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- My God, the number of times this book pops into my head when thinking of this. I got Kings Cage a few days before it was released. (FYI all people in the UK, Waterstones sometimes put books out on the shelves before their release date. So it might be a good idea to pop into your Waterstones to see if there’s a copy of the book you really want to read). I really enjoyed Red Queen and Glass Sword and I desperately needed Kings Cage after Glass Sword. I know I should have read it by now, but I’m slowly working my way into the mood for that series. May it’s the idea of having to wait months until the last book in the series, if I do finish it, that has just put me off for reading it. What it is, I just want it gone.
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare#
- Yea this just shouldn’t come as a surprise. I have yet to read Lady Midnight even though it’s been on my shelf for the past year. I really enjoyed TMI and I have heard so many good things about TDA so far. I will get to this book ASAP. I just want to love Emma and Julian. I will start this series by the end of this year.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- I have been beating myself up for this since the end of May. Why haven’t I read this? The answer is just cos I don’t want it to end. I don’t know what I prefer, ACOTAR or ToG. I love both of them, and just thinking about either of them finishing just breaks my heart. But I know, all good things have to come to an end. So I will have to end this amazing series before 2017 is done.
- The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May
- I still haven’t gotten this book and I really don’t know why I haven’t. I have heard amazing things about the conclusion to this trilogy. I loved the first two books in the trilogy and I really need this book. I just need to know how this ends. I just feel so sad how I haven’t even gotten it yet.
- Saga Volume 7 by Brian K. Vaughan
- How I haven’t read this already I don’t know. I love Saga. I was so happy to have read volume 1-6 in the beginning of last year. When I got volume 7 I was so pumped to read it. But here I am, saying I haven’t read it even though it came out in April. I don’t know how I haven’t read it yet. Its so small in length that it is pretty ridiculous that I haven’t read it already. I will need to get to this volume asap.
These are some of the books I am so ashamed of not reading that have come out this year. I might do one of these at the end of the year just so you can see whether you have missed any popular books this year just like me. What book are you most ashamed about not getting to so far in the year? Comment below and let me know.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new up. We post every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!