We all love a good old read. For this recommendation post, we will be looking at all of the books that were published in 2010. This was decided to do as we have been recommending all of these books that have been published within the past few years, so we thought it would be a good chance to recommend some of our favourite old books that we have loved.
When doing this recommendation, we didn’t realise how many books on our shelves that were published before 2010. Obviously, classics were originally published before 2010, but some books on this list that everyone are still talking about is quite surprising.
So our ‘oldies’ books, are:
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- Mister Monday by Garth Nix
- The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- The Women in Black by Susan Hill
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
- Death Note (Manga) by Tsugumi Ohba
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- An Offer You Can’t Refuse by Jill Mansell
- Knife by R. J. Anderson
- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Fearless by Tim Lott
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins
Some of these books, like The Hunger Games and The Final Empire, are still widely loved and read in the present. We love how even though some of these books are 10+ years old, they are still read by readers who are getting into their reading groove and they are experiencing books for the first time even though thousands of people have already loved them.
Do you see one of your favourite books in our list? Comment down below and let us know which ones they are. And if you have any ‘oldies’ you love as well, comment down below so we can share our recommendations.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new. We normally post every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!