So this month hasn’t really been that bad. Well, I guess it hasn’t. I started my new job this month and honestly, it has been so hard trying to juggle the workload, reading AND doing this blog. Plus trying to socialise like a normal human aha. But really this month has been a massive change when comparing it to the other months. Even though its been hard, I feel like I have accomplished something. Even though I have only read 5 books, I still feel my reading has been going in a good direction ever since the reading slump in July. So let me show you the books I read in August…
August: 5 books
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- My God, this book has been on my TBR for so long and I wish I read it earlier. The perfect book to get me back into a reading feeling and the worst book to read before starting work. BUT this book was everything and more than what people have said about it. READ IT!
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- A very good sequel to The Final Empire. Went a bit flat in some places but it was still a fantastic read. I love how powerful Mistborn’s are in this world. I just love it. Still, recommend this to everyone.
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli (ARC) – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- I enjoyed this so much. Review to come on the day of release. I highly recommend this to you. A very enjoyable read. I saw some things happen but I was still sucked into the story. I loved the whole thing with the dragons. I need to read more books that have this type of dragon feels in it.
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- Best ending to the trilogy. I honestly didn’t know what was going to happen or who to survive. I’m so happy I read this whole trilogy in one go. I don’t think I could have waited for the next instalment yearly. Everyone should read this trilogy. Now lets by the other books in this series.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (Reread) – Rating 4 out of 5 Stars
- Check out my review for this book by clicking here.
So that’s it for my August wrap up. I feel like I am finally over that reading slump that hit me last month. Even though work has cut out a lot of my time, I’m still trying to find ways to read. I feel so accomplished this month because I have gotten rid of massive books on my TBR and reading a 400ish page books very quickly. What was your favourite read of the month of August? Comment below and let me know.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new up. We post every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!