God, July had to be the worst reading month out of this entire year so far. I had a massive reading slump at the end of June which affected me all the way through July. I honestly don’t know why I have had this slump and I really just want it to go away. I really hope it will go away soon. So let’s show you guys the books I read in July…
JULY: Read 5 books
- The Girl In Between by Laeken Zea Kemp – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- The Boy in Her Dreams by Laeken Zea Kemp – Rating 4 out of 5 Stars
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King – Rating 3.5 out of 5 Stars
- I’m going to keep this one brief because I have decided to do a review for this book! Just wow. This book is basically the most generic YA fantasy book EVER! It had the worse case of insta-love ever. Like the main character sees the ‘love’ interest across the field, 2 PAGES IN!, and just fall in love with them. I can’t get over this. Even though the fact it had so many YA troups in this story, I still loved it. The twists throughout the book still made me gasp and I just didn’t see any of them coming. The characters could be improved but I’m sure this will be seen in the other book in this trilogy. If you want to see more of my views of this book, keep your eyes peeled for the full-length review which is coming soon.
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet – Rating 4 out of 5 Stars
- I really really ENJOYED this book! I feel like this book has flown under the radar for fantasy lovers. I highly recommend this book for lovers of the Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas and Snow like Ashes trilogy by Sara Raasch. Can I just get out my love for Griffin? I completely understand his whole ‘I’m strong and hard, nothing can hurt me’ vibe, but he is such a cinnamon roll. I love him. Yes, there is an insta-love vibe between Griffin and Cat’s relationship BUT it is the most annoying slow burn romance that I have read in months. I adored it so much that if anything happens to either of them in the next two books in this trilogy, I will make myself a hole, hide in it and never come out.
- If you want to see more of my views of this book, keep your eyes peeled for the full-length review which is coming soon.
- Saga Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
I have read a bunch of great books, books that are instant favourites and rereads of books/stories that I just love and can’t get enough of. What are your favourite reads of July? Comment below and let us know what they are.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new. We post normally every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!