Compared to last months wrap-up, I feel like I have failed. Even though 11 books was amazing, I don’t know how I read so little compared to last months. But as February is the shortest month of the year, 6 books is still a good amount of books to have read. So let me show you the books I read in February 2018.
February: 6 books
- Bright Smoke Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge – Rating 3 out of 5 Stars
- After reading reviews, a lot of reviews, I decided to knock it from 4 stars to 3. Don’t get me wrong, the writing is amazing. But there’s just something about the story that just didn’t sit right with me. I liked it how it was a very loose retelling of Romeo and Juliet where it doesn’t follow them. I liked that aspect of the book, but still, the twists of the book didn’t sit well. I think I will continue this duology, the ending killed me, so hopefully, the sequel can redeem this series for me.
- Valour by John Gwynne – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- My God. I loved this book. I can’t express how much. I haven’t felt like this about any of books recently apart from Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. The world John Gwynne is amazing. The story is amazing. The characters and their entire lives are amazing. I highly recommend this series to everyone. Fans of Brandon Sanderson, buy Malice, then we’ll talk about it more!
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- This book was amazing. I wasn’t bored, I didn’t know where the story was going. I really enjoyed this book. This was such an addicting, haunting, dark and amazing story. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the series continues.
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- The Black Witch by Lauren Forest – Rating 3 out of 5 Stars
- This was okay. Honestly I didn’t want to read this, but honestly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I don’t know if I would be continuing the rest of the series. I’m still confused with what happened in it. Plus I’m confused where the story is even going. Maybe I’ll hold off on the sequel haha.
- Book used for TBR Challenge – “read a witch read”
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
So that’s all of the books I read in February I am just so happy with the number of books I read in this month. Have you read any of these? Comment down below and let me know what you thought of it. What books did you read in February and what was your favourite one out of your list?
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!