Let’s kick this year off with a monthly recommends post about the best first books in a series we have read. As readers, we need an interesting and gripping first book to spark an interest to read the series. This is way the first month for 2018 is to talk about our favourite first books that sparked our interest in book series’. This will be a long post so I will jump straight into this.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Die for Me by Amy Plum
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May
- The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Half a King by Joe Abercrombie
- The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Twelve Kings by Benjamin Beaulieu
- Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
- The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchett
- Alive by Scott Sigler
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Crowns Game by Evelyn Skye
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
All of these books I have enjoyed and they really sparked my interest in reading the rest of the series. Obviously, some of these books are some starter books for some others and others aren’t. But these books are amazing and I really can’t wait to explore more of these authors books. What are your favourite first books you have read? Comment below and let me know. If you have read any of these, comment below how you felt about them. I would love to know what you thought.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!