I am so pumped to do this tag. I have been meaning to do this tag for so long and I am finally doing this. I have seen many different variations for this tag and I’m so excited to put mine out in the mix. If you didn’t know, this book tag was created by Emma from EmmaBooks. This tag was created 2 years ago and obviously, I thought I might as well give it a go as I haven’t really done a book tag in such a long time. So here is my take on the totally should’ve book tag…
- Totally should’ve gotten a sequel
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Every time this question comes up I will always say this book. I am still patiently waiting for this book to have a sequel. If you check out the Goodreads page, you’ll see for this book is a part of a trilogy. Obviously, the idea of getting a trilogy is good because of how much I loved this book. But I think if she were to do a trilogy, it would be a trilogy of companion novels instead of all of the sequels being about the same characters.
- Totally should’ve had a spin-off series
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer; even though the graphic novels that are now releasing are kinda spin-offs, I still feel like maybe a spin-off series would be good for the series. I have no idea whether this would be a good idea but this is the only one that came to mind.
- An author who totally should write more books
- Would have to say, Patrick Rothfuss. Even though I have read his blog, which does show that there is a reason why he hasn’t released a lot of books, I wish more of his books are published. I loved The Name of the Wind and I really want more of his work. Especially the final book in The Name of the Wind trilogy.
- A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else
- The main love interest in The Kiss of Deception Series by Mary E. Pearson. I won’t say because that would be spoilers, but still, I’m not 100% sure with the couple and just of how it ended.
- Totally should’ve ended differently
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. Literally, this book just needs a different ending. If you have read this book then you know what happens and honestly, it killed me. If the author could just do an alternate version of this book with the ending I want then I will be very happy.
- Totally should’ve had a movie franchise
- The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. There’s a scene in this book that was amazing and it would be PERFECT for the big screen. If you have read this book then you know what scene I’m on about. Logan’s last scene just killed me and I need to see it on the big screen.
- Totally should’ve had a TV show
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. There are some aspects of this book that would be perfect for the little screen of TV. I love this book and I think the way the chapters are written it would be perfect
- Totally should’ve had only one point of view
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I didn’t like Four’s PoV in this book and I would have preferred it if it was in Tris’ PoV for the entire book instead of it switching between the two.
- Totally should have a cover change
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. These covers need to be changed so badly. I like the book but honestly, these cover’s aren’t good enough for this book series. I don’t like the cover change they did for The Forever Song but it was better than the covers for the first two books in the series.
- Totally should’ve kept the original covers
- The Forsaken Trilogy by Lisa M. Stasse. I loved the original UK editions but when they took on the US covers I just hate them. I’m so annoyed I haven’t been able to find the UK edition of The Defiant because I really need to know how this trilogy ends. I have purely not bought the final book in the cover change because of how much I hate it.
- Totally should’ve stopped at book one
- I have no idea for this one.
So that’s my take on the ‘Totally Should’ve’ book tag. I love doing these fun little tags. I need to try and find new ones, so make sure you keep an eye out for more tags heading your way. If you have done this tag, comment down below the link for your one and I will check it out.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!