It’s October, it’s the 10th month of the year. How has this happened? The last time I remember it was June. How have 4 months just flown by without me realising?
I have no idea what happened to me last month – I honestly don’t. I planned on reading so much but then things just got in the way and I only read 4 books. I completely understand people read 4 books some months but after the book slump I had July, I thought I would be able to read more. I really enjoyed all of the books I read in September, I just hope in October I will enjoy all of them as well.
I’m so excited to show you guys all of the books I read in September. One of them I know for sure people will have read it in September. So let me show you all of the books I read in September…
September: 4 books
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – Rating 4.5 out of 5 Stars
- I loved this sequel to The Kiss of Deception (click here for review). I can honestly say I have missed this world and the characters so much. This whole series is fulled of twists and turns and this book didn’t disappoint. Review to come.
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- My Heart. Nothing can describe my feelings for this book. I am so happy my baby Chaol has a novel out in the world. I missed him so much in Empire of Storms. His character has gone through the most character development in the entire Throne of Glass series and I’m just so happy that I read this book so quickly. Nothing could take me away from Chaol. This book was just perfect, everything I needed from Chaol. It was the highlight of my month.
- The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- Such an AMAZING conclusion to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy. I can’t say much without giving much away but I’m so happy I have finally finished this trilogy. I can now see why so many people love this series. Definitely one of my favourite books of 2017. Review to come.
- The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- I was recommended this book by someone from work after discussion my love for Abercrombie’s A Shattered Sea trilogy. I’m so happy I was. I love Joe Abercrombie’s writing style and the way none of his characters has a happy life or happy ever after. I can’t wait to read the rest of this series. I can honestly see s*** is going to go down and I am SO excited to see what will happen.
Aside from those, I did start The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. I have no idea why I couldn’t finish this book but I have read 283 pages before stopping. I will hopefully carry on reading this book in the next coming months. I must not leave it unfinished. I have done that too much in the past. This book looks and seemed so interesting in the first half. I still don’t know why I stopped. I will get to it, I will…
So that’s all of the books I read in September. I can honestly say I am coming out of my fantasy hype. So hopefully you will be seeing some books in my wrap-ups that aren’t fantasy. I love fantasy but at the moment it’s getting a bit much.
Have you read any of these? Comment down below and let me know what you thought of it. What books did you read in September and what was your favourite one out of your list.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!