So as it’s near summer, we thought it might be a good idea to talk about some of those special contemporaries that we love to read whenever it’s time to get into the summer mood. Here are some contemporary recommendations for you.
- If you guys are looking for a cute summer-love kinda books I’d say you definitely *have to* read:
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I swear the romance in this book was the perfect kind of read for the summertime, reading it during the summer made it even more enjoyable.
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I recently read this one, and it basically made me realize why Morgan Matson is such a loved author.
- I’ll Give You the Sun & The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Both books made my heart cry both sad and happy tears, they are a must read!
- Everything Everything & The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. These books sure have a different place in my heart because of the distance the characters are facing in both books. They are really nice summer reads.
- An Abundance of Katherine’s by John Green. One of my first summer reads ever, made me giggle a lot.
- What Light by Jay Asher. Yes, I do know that this is a Christmas book, but honestly, it’s a sort of book that can be read anytime.
- Beautiful Oblivion by Addison Moore. This is a summer love read! Set in the summer where a girl and a guy have a summer fling. It’s SO GOOD!
- Now one of my favourite category, books that’ll most probably make you cry and make you feel all sorts of things, ideal for lonely summer nights. (sorry guys);
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. This book is one of my all time favourite, I can not explain how special it is for me.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. It is stressing from time to time, but the message behind it is powerful.
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. No words.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. *LARA* Literally the only Rainbow Rowell book I actually enjoyed reading.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. *AMY* The only Rainbow Rowell I have read, and it was funny and light-hearted. I have no idea whether to say it is a contemporary as it is a fanfic of HP, but I think it’s more of a contemporary than a fantasy
- Paper Towns by John Green.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- An Offer You Can’t Refuse by Jill Mansell. Funny, heartfelt and doesn’t make you cry sad tears. Bonus!
- After by Anna Todd. Was a fanfic for One Direction and the relationship within this series is the most annoying and unhealthy one. BUT this series is really addictive and does end in a happily ever after for all of the characters.
These are all good contemporaries that we both love. We hope you guys enjoyed this blog post, wait for next month to have another monthly recommends post! Have you read any of these books? If you have comment below and lets us know what you thought of them. If you have any favourite contemporaries, what would you recommend to us after seeing this list? Comment down some titles!
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new. We post every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!