So currently, I have been really good this year in buying books that are either book I have been looking forward to or books that are sequels to the one I have currently. But looking at the problems that we as readers have on a day to day basis, there are so many to talk about. The main thing I feel like we readers have as a big problem is having so many popular books to read yet no time to read them. So I’m here to talk about some of the popular books that I have that are just unread on my shelves.
Here are a few that are on top of the lists.
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard:
- I got this book 3/4 days before the book officially came out. I was so excited to see how this story continues. I really enjoyed Glass Sword more than I did Red Queen and I just needed to know what would happen to Mare and the Scarlet Guard. But as time has passed, my interest in this book has just gone. I don’t really know when I will read this book but I know for sure Lara will just bang on about it until I get to it. So hopefully by the end of this year, I will have read the 3rd book within the Red Queen series.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare:
- I have had this book for a year now. I remember I pre-ordered this book and I was like ‘YES! I can’t wait to see more of this world’. I was more excited for this for any other book last year. Yet, I still haven’t got to it. Can someone please give me the energy or some comment to make me read it. I wanna jump on this bandwagon….but I have no energy to do it. As the sequel is coming out in May, I don’t know whether to order it even though I haven’t read Lady Midnight yet. Hopefully, I’ll order it when I’m just about to start Lady Midnight or when I’m currently reading it. Hopefully, either of those will happen sometime in the next 2 months.
- The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare:
- SHOCKER FOR EVERYONE! Can someone please just shout at me for not reading these? I have read the entire The Mortal Instruments series and have been spoiled about the ending of Clockwork Princess without realising while reading City of Heavenly Fire (book 6 in TMI). But I just feel like I need to read these. I have heard that these are so much better than TMI and I just can’t wait to see how they differ from TMI (obvs not having Clary at ALL!). I’ve had these books since Christmas 2 years ago and they have just been sitting on my shelf, lonely. I will get to them, someday. Hopefully, this year will be the year where I either fall in love with Jem or Will.
- Never Fade and In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken:
- I really enjoyed The Darkest Minds. It made me think of the X-Men in a dystopian world. But by God, trying to get into Never Fade was so hard. I have had the whole trilogy since last year, but I just can’t seem to get into the world that Alexandra Bracken has made. I love the way she writes but it’s just so hard to get into it. The chapters are far too long within this series and I lose interest in long chapters really easily so they need to have action action action. But as the movie for The Darkest Minds is underway in production maybe it would be a nice idea to read the entire trilogy before the movie is released.
- Frost like Night by Sara Raasch:
- I wanted to read this as soon as I finished Ice like Fire, so I pre-ordered it as soon as I could. But has it been read? nope. I want to READ IT! I feel so bad that I haven’t read this book yet. I don’t know when I will get to this book but all I know is, is that I will FINISH THIS SERIES BY THE END OF 2017! I don’t know when I will, but I will. And when I do, I will have finally crossed this book series off my uncompleted series list!
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater:
- Read the first 3 books within this series over two months, as soon as I got to this book I was put into a reading slump. I have heard a lot of things about this book but I just can’t be asked to read it. I know that sounds such a mean thing to say about reading a book but its true. I really have enjoyed reading the first 3 books within this series, but I think it might take a while for me to fully finish this book series.
- Morningstar by Pierce Brown:
- I loved Red Rising, I loved Golden Son. But why haven’t I read Morningstar yet? Answer, I really don’t know. After I finished Golden Son I was so pumped in reading Morningstar, all I wanted to do was to read it. But I feel like if I try and marathon a series, or read two books from the same intense series back to back, it takes a lot out of me. That is the only explanation for why I haven’t read Morningstar yet. Maybe if I read some summaries of Golden Son or watch Youtube review videos of it, it may cause me to want to carry on this series and enjoy it. I know Morningstar will kill me, maybe that’s in my head to stop me reading it? At the moment, I feel like staring at Morningstar just makes me feel annoyed in a way because I haven’t been able to finish one amazing trilogy….
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard:
- Me and Lara have a standing joke about this book. Honestly, why haven’t we read this? One answer; it doesn’t stand out from the others. I think after hearing all of the mixed things about this book has just put my mind off it. But with hearing how much better the sequel is, it may make me want to pick up this book. I think maybe with hearing so many problems with Truthwitch has put me off the book for now, but maybe in the next year or so (as the series continues on and on) it may draw my attention back to the series at hand and then I can finally start off this series.
Those are the books that I am either ashamed that I haven’t got to them yet or just feeling meh about. I feel like I should get to them soon, but I just feel like with the other books I have, these have just don’t stand out to me that much or it’s just not the right time to pick them up for. I feel like if I have some more free time than I have currently then I will be able to give myself more time to read them.
If any of you guys have read any of these books, comment below and let me know what you thought about them. I would love to hear your thoughts on them. Also, comment below some popular books you have on your shelves that are unread. I would love to hear what you have.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when we post something new up. We post every Tuesday and Friday. We hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!