I don’t know whether or not I should feel happy about how this month went or not. At the start of the month I was reading normally, got through two books just fine. But then the middle of the month happened and a slump happened. I have no idea why, but I started to read one book yet didn’t finish it. I will tell you about that one at the end of this post so you guys can see the books I tried to read this month.
In the month of October, I read three books. Not including the ones I started. I feel like I could have done more, however, my month was busy due to my trip to Amsterdam and preparing for it. Maybe the Goodreads challenge is getting to me. I really need to stay ahead of it. Does any one else feel the pressure from theirs?
Let’s show you the books I read in the month of October:
October: 3 books
- Twelve Kings by Bradley Beaulieu – Rating 4.5 out of 5 Stars
- I have never heard of this author before and I’m so happy I came upon this book one day. I will be writing a review for this book soon so keep your eyes peeled for it. But honestly, this book was amazing. I loved the world, the characters and the twists. The world building in this book was very thought out AND never dulled. I need to know what happens in the next book. Good thing it’s coming out in the start of November. HIGHLY recommend.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (reread) – Rating 5 out of 5 Stars
- I have no words for this. Honestly. I love this book more than the first time I read it. I read this in preparation for Godsgrave which I will be reading in November. I love the world Jay Kristoff made and I just can’t wait to see how it gets explored more and we get to see more of it. If you haven’t read this book, I would recommend it to you. The UK hardcover is gorgeous. If you live in the UK, trust me, the hardcover is worth the money!
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King (reread) – Rating 4 out of 5 Stars
- If you read my July wrap up, then you know how I feel about this book. But after rereading it I surprisingly enjoy this more than I did in July. Even though, the whole generic YA feelings are still there I can understand why they needed to be and can see where the rest of the series is going. I still liked the characters and would love to see development of them. Full review of this will be coming in November.
Aside from these books, I did start a book and that was Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith (only got to 17% through) and The Fire Queen by Emily R. King. Bound by Duty was a reread and was meant to fit in the theme of Halloween. But I still didn’t complete it. I will try to read and finish this in November but lets just see how my reading is in November aha. The Fire Queen will be the first book I will finish in November, then I can start all of the books on my November TBR.
Have you read any of these? Comment down below and let me know what you thought of it. What books did you read in October and what was your favourite one out of your list?
If you like what you see, don’t forget to hit the like button and hit the follow button to get updates on when a new post appears. I post normally every Tuesday and Friday. I hope you enjoy!
Till then readers!